Double Under is an intense and high-energy exercise that requires speed and coordination. It is done by holding a rope handle in each hand and swinging the rope up and over your head with rotating wrist and shoulder motion. Every third rotation, you should jump a little higher and whip the wrists quickly to cause the rope to pass under you twice before the jump is complete. This exercise is great for improving coordination, balance, endurance, and agility.
To incorporate Double Under into your workouts, you can follow these steps:
1. Warm-up: Start with a dynamic warm-up to prepare your muscles and joints for the exercise. This can include jogging in place, jumping jacks, or arm circles.
2. Set up: Find an open space with enough room to swing the jump rope without hitting anything or anyone. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a rope handle in each hand.
3. Starting position: Hold your arms down at arm's length, tucking your elbows into your sides. Bring your hands up so your forearms are parallel to the ground. This will be your starting position.
4. Swing the rope: Begin the exercise by swinging the rope up and over your head, utilizing wrist and shoulder rotation. As the rope approaches your feet, jump off the ground.
5. Double Under: Every third rotation, jump a little higher and whip your wrists as fast as you can. This will cause the rope to pass under you twice before the jump is complete.
6. Land softly: As you come back down from the jump, land softly on the balls of your feet to minimize impact on your joints.
7. Repeat: Continue swinging the rope and performing Double Unders for the desired number of repetitions or duration. Take breaks as needed to rest and catch your breath.
8. Cool down: After completing your Double Under workout, finish with a cool-down routine. This can include static stretching exercises for your calves, qu