Drop Push is a great exercise for improving your upper body strength and agility. It requires you to move between two low boxes or platforms and drop from them while cushioning the landing with your arms. This exercise will help you build strength, balance, and stability while also increasing your coordination and flexibility.
To incorporate the Drop Push exercise into your workouts, you can follow these steps:
1. Set up low boxes or platforms: Position two low boxes or platforms about 2-3 feet apart. Make sure they are stable and secure.
2. Get into position: Start by getting into a pushup position between the boxes. Place your hands on the boxes, ensuring they are shoulder-width apart. Your body should be in a straight line from head to toe.
3. Maintain good posture: Keep your core engaged and your back straight throughout the exercise. This will help you maintain stability and prevent any strain or injury.
4. Drop from the platforms: Begin the exercise by pressing up with your arms and moving your hands to shoulder width. As you do this, drop your body down towards the ground, cushioning the landing with your arms. This movement should be controlled and smooth.
5. Absorb the impact: As you drop, focus on absorbing the impact through your arms. This will help protect your joints and prevent any excessive strain on your wrists or shoulders.
6. Repeat the exercise: After landing, push yourself back up to the starting position and repeat the drop motion for the desired number of repetitions. Aim for 8-12 repetitions in each set.
7. Progress gradually: If you are a beginner, start with a lower platform and gradually increase the height as you become more comfortable and stronger. Always listen to your body and avoid pushing yourself too hard too soon.