Adductor/Groin exercises are a great way to strengthen and stretch the muscles located in the inner thigh area. To perform this exercise, start by lying on your back with your feet raised towards the ceiling. Have your partner hold your feet or ankles and then attempt to squeeze your legs together for 10 or more seconds. Your partner will prevent you from doing this, allowing you to relax the muscles in your legs and stretch as far as is comfortable for you. This exercise is a great way to target the inner thigh area and help improve overall mobility.
To incorporate this exercise into your workouts, you can follow these steps:
1. Warm up: Before starting any exercise, it's important to warm up your body. Perform some light cardio exercises like jogging or jumping jacks for 5-10 minutes to increase your heart rate and prepare your muscles for the workout.
2. Set up the exercise: Find a comfortable and open space where you can lie on your back. Make sure you have a partner who can hold your feet or ankles during the exercise.
3. Perform the exercise: Start by lying on your back with your feet raised towards the ceiling. Your partner should hold your feet or ankles, providing resistance during the exercise. This will be your starting position.
4. Squeeze your legs together: Attempt to squeeze your legs together as hard as you can, engaging the muscles in your adductors and groin area. Hold this contraction for 10 or more seconds while your partner prevents you from closing your legs completely.
5. Relax and stretch: After holding the contraction, relax the muscles in your legs as your partner gently pushes your feet apart. Allow your legs to stretch as far as is comfortable for you, while maintaining communication with your partner to prevent overstretching or injury.
6. Repeat: Aim to perform 10-12 repetitions of this exercise, gradually increasing the duration of the squeeze and stretch as you become more comfortable and flexible.
7. Cool down: After completing the exercise, take a few minutes to cool down your body