Elbows Back is an exercise designed to target your back muscles. It is a simple yet effective movement that can help to improve posture and strengthen the muscles in your back. To perform this exercise, start by standing up straight and then place your hands on your lower back with your fingers pointing downward and elbows out. Finally, gently pull your elbows back aiming to touch them together. This exercise is great for improving posture and strengthening the back muscles.
One way to incorporate the Elbows Back exercise into your workouts is to include it as part of your upper body or back workout routine. Here's how you can do it:
1. Warm up: Begin your workout with a 5-10 minute warm-up, such as jogging, jumping jacks, or a brisk walk.
2. Upper body exercises: Start with a few upper body exercises to target different muscle groups. For example, you can include exercises like push-ups, chest presses, or shoulder presses.
3. Elbows Back: After completing the initial upper body exercises, it's time to incorporate the Elbows Back exercise. Perform a set of 10-15 repetitions of the Elbows Back exercise, focusing on pulling your elbows back and trying to touch them together. Take a short rest between sets if needed.
4. Back exercises: Continue your workout by including other back exercises to further target and strengthen your back muscles. Examples of back exercises include rows, pull-ups, or lat pulldowns.
5. Cool down and stretch: Once you've finished your workout, take a few minutes to cool down by walking or stretching. Stretching your back and upper body muscles can help improve flexibility and prevent muscle tightness.
Remember to listen to your body and adjust the intensity and number of sets/repetitions based on your fitness level. It's always important to maintain proper form and technique throughout the exercises to avoid injury.