The Full Range-Of-Motion Lat Pulldown is a great exercise for strengthening the muscles of the back. It involves standing or seated on a high bench and grasping two stirrup cables that are attached to the high pulleys. The movement requires the user to pull the handles down in an arc-like motion while rotating the hands so that in the bottom position the palms face each other. This exercise is excellent for developing back muscles, as well as improving shoulder stability and range of motion.
To incorporate the Full Range-Of-Motion Lat Pulldown into your workouts, follow these steps:
1. Set up the equipment: Find a high pulley machine with stirrup cables attached. Adjust the seat or bench to a comfortable height.
2. Choose your position: Decide whether you want to perform the exercise standing or seated on a high bench. Both options are effective, so choose the one that feels more comfortable for you.
3. Grasp the cables: Grab the stirrup cables with the opposing hand, so your arms are crisscrossed about you. Ensure that your palms are facing forward.
4. Maintain proper form: Keep your chest up and maintain a slight arch in your lower back throughout the exercise. This posture will help engage the targeted muscles effectively.
5. Begin the movement: Pull the handles down as if you were doing a regular pulldown. However, note that the range of motion will be more of an arc. This arc-like motion allows for a full range-of-motion and engages the back muscles more effectively.
6. Rotate your hands: During the movement, rotate your hands so that in the bottom position, your palms face each other rather than forward. This rotation helps target different muscles in the back and adds variation to the exercise.
7. Return slowly: After reaching the bottom position, slowly return to the starting position while maintaining control over the movement. Avoid letting the weight stack pull your arms back up too quickly.
8. Repeat: Perform the