Incline EZ-bar skullcrusher
Benefits Of This Exercise
- The incline EZ-bar skullcrusher is a great exercise to target the triceps muscles in a safe and effective way.
- It helps build strength and muscle size in the triceps, while also improving coordination and muscular control of the arms.
- The EZ-bar is easier on the wrists than a straight bar, and provides a great stretch and activation on all three heads of the triceps, with the long head in particular benefiting.
- It is important to use good form when performing this exercise, and to keep the elbows tucked in close to the head to ensure the triceps are getting the most out of the exercise.
Step by Step Instructions For Incline EZ-bar skullcrusher
- Hold a barbell with an overhand grip (palms down) that is a little closer together than shoulder width.
- Lie back on an incline bench set at any angle between 45-75-degrees.
- Bring the bar overhead with your arms extended and elbows in. The arms should be in line with the torso above the head. This will be your starting position.
- Now lower the bar in a semicircular motion behind your head until your forearms touch your biceps. Inhale as you perform this movement. Tip: Keep your upper arms stationary and close to your head at all times. Only the forearms should move.
- Return to the starting position as you breathe out and you contract the triceps. Hold the contraction for a second.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: Can also be done with an e-z bar, with two dumbbells (using a pronated or supinated grip), seated or standing or with two dumbbells and your palms facing in.
Warm Up Tips
- Start by holding a barbell with an overhand grip that is slightly closer than shoulder width.
- Lie back on an incline bench set at an angle between 45-75-degrees.
- Extend your arms overhead, keeping your elbows in line with your torso.
- Lower the bar in a semicircular motion behind your head until your forearms touch your biceps, inhaling as you do so. Remember to keep your upper arms stationary and close to your head.
- Exhale and return to the starting position, contracting your triceps and holding the contraction for a second.
- Repeat for the recommended number of repetitions.
Variations: You can also perform this exercise with an e-z bar, two dumbbells using a pronated or supinated grip, seated or standing, or with two dumbbells and your palms facing in.The incline EZ-bar skullcrusher is an effective exercise for targeting the triceps muscles. It is performed on an incline bench, which helps to focus the effort on the long head of the triceps. This exercise is commonly included in upper-body or arm-focused workouts and can be done with moderate to high reps. To perform the incline EZ-bar skullcrusher, start by lying on the incline bench with the barbell in your hands, palms facing
Incline EZ-bar skullcrusher Safety Tips
- Choose the appropriate incline angle for your fitness level and comfort. Start with a lower angle and gradually increase as you become more proficient in the exercise.
- Ensure that your grip on the barbell is secure and stable. This will help prevent any accidents or injuries during the exercise.
- Keep your upper arms stationary and close to your head throughout the movement. This will ensure that the triceps muscles are being targeted effectively and reduce the risk of strain on other muscles.
- Control the movement of the barbell as you lower it behind your head. Avoid any sudden or jerky movements that could strain the muscles or joints.
- Breathe properly throughout the exercise. Inhale as you lower the barbell and exhale as you press it back up. This will help maintain proper form and prevent dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Start with a lighter weight and gradually increase as your strength and technique improve. This will help prevent overexertion and reduce the risk of injury.
- Listen to your body and stop if you experience any pain or discomfort. It is important to prioritize safety and avoid pushing yourself too hard.
- Consider working with a qualified fitness professional to learn proper form and technique for the incline EZ-bar skullcrusher. They can provide guidance and ensure that you are performing the exercise correctly.
- Remember to warm up before starting