The Kettlebell Turkish Get-Up (Squat Style) is an effective exercise that strengthens the core and upper body. It begins with the user lying on their back on the floor while pressing a kettlebell to the top position with their elbow bent. Keeping the kettlebell locked out, they then pivot to the opposite side and use their non-working arm to drive forward to the lunge position. They then use their free hand to push themselves to a seated position before progressing to their feet and standing up while looking up at the kettlebell. The reverse motion is then completed to return to the starting position. This exercise is great for building core and upper body strength and stability.
The Kettlebell Turkish Get-Up (Squat Style) can be incorporated into workouts in a variety of ways:
1. Warm-up: Start your workout by performing a few sets of Kettlebell Turkish Get-Ups (Squat Style) with a lighter weight kettlebell. This will help activate your core and upper body muscles and prepare them for the upcoming workout.
2. Strength Training: Include the Kettlebell Turkish Get-Up (Squat Style) as one of your main strength exercises. Perform multiple sets and repetitions with a challenging weight to target your core, shoulders, and hips. This exercise will help improve overall stability and strength in these areas.
3. Circuit Training: Incorporate the Kettlebell Turkish Get-Up (Squat Style) into a circuit workout. Alternate this exercise with other compound movements to create a challenging full-body workout. For example, perform a set of squats, followed by a set of Kettlebell Turkish Get-Ups, then move on to push-ups or rows.
4. HIIT Workouts: Add the Kettlebell Turkish Get-Up (Squat Style) to your high-intensity interval training (HIIT) routine. Perform the exercise for a set amount of time, such as 30 seconds, then rest for a short period before moving on to the next exercise. This will elevate your heart rate and provide a cardiovascular challenge while also targeting your core and upper body muscles.
5. Superset or Tri-set: Combine the Kettlebell