The Lying Close-Grip Barbell Triceps Press To Chin is a great exercise for building strength in the triceps muscles. It is performed by lying on a flat bench, holding a barbell or EZ Curl bar with a pronated grip, and extending the arms in front of the body in a 90-degree angle. As you inhale, lower the bar in a semi-circular motion by bending at the elbows, and keep lowering the bar until it lightly touches the chin. Exhale as you bring the bar back up to the starting position. This exercise can be made more challenging by using dumbbells instead of a barbell.
To incorporate the Lying Close-Grip Barbell Triceps Press To Chin into your workouts, you can follow these steps:
1. Begin by setting up a flat bench and grabbing a barbell or EZ Curl bar with a pronated grip (palms facing forward).
2. Lie on your back on the bench, positioning your head off the end of the bench.
3. Hold the barbell or EZ Curl bar over your chest, extending your arms in front of you. Ensure that your arms are perpendicular to your torso, forming a 90-degree angle.
4. This is your starting position. Take a deep breath in.
5. As you exhale, lower the bar in a semi-circular motion by bending at the elbows. Keep your upper arms stationary and your elbows in.
6. Continue lowering the bar until it lightly touches your chin.
7. Inhale as you bring the bar back up to the starting position. Push the bar up in a semi-circular motion, focusing on contracting your triceps at the top of the movement for a second.
8. Repeat this movement for the recommended number of repetitions.
9. If you want to make the exercise more challenging, you can use dumbbells instead of a barbell.
10. Remember to maintain proper form throughout the exercise, keeping your upper arms still and only allowing your forearms to move.
By incorporating the Lying Close-Grip Barbell Triceps Press To Chin into your workouts, you can effectively target