The On Your Side Quad Stretch is an effective exercise for targeting the hip flexor muscles. This exercise requires you to begin by lying on your side with one knee bent at a 90-degree angle and the other bent behind you. Then, by pushing your hip forward and your foot back, you can stretch your hip flexor muscle. This exercise should be repeated on both sides in order to achieve full benefit.
To incorporate the On Your Side Quad Stretch into your workouts, you can follow these steps:
1. Warm up: Before starting any exercise, it's important to warm up your body. Perform some light cardio exercises like jogging or jumping jacks for about 5-10 minutes to get your blood flowing and muscles warmed up.
2. Find a comfortable space: Clear an area where you have enough room to lie on your side and extend your legs.
3. Lie on your right side: Start by lying on your right side, with your right knee bent at a 90-degree angle and resting on the floor in front of you. This will help stabilize your torso during the stretch.
4. Bend your left knee and hold your left foot: Bend your left knee behind you and hold your left foot with your left hand. This will be the starting position for the stretch.
5. Stretch your hip flexor: To stretch your hip flexor, press your left hip forward as you push your left foot back into your hand. You should feel a gentle stretch in the front of your left hip and thigh.
6. Hold the stretch: Hold the stretch for 20-30 seconds, focusing on keeping your breathing steady and relaxed.
7. Switch sides: After completing the stretch on your left side, switch to your right side and repeat the same steps to stretch your right hip flexor.
8. Repeat: Aim to perform 2-3 sets of the On Your Side Quad Stretch on each