Stride Jump Crossover is an explosive exercise that is great for improving power and agility. This exercise involves jumping over a box while alternating the lead leg with each repetition. To perform this exercise, stand to the side of a box with your inside foot on top of it, close to the edge. Swing the arms upward as you push through the top leg, jumping as high as possible and attempting to drive the opposite knee upward. Land in the opposite position, switch legs and repeat the movement, crossing back over to the other side. This exercise is great for athletes looking to increase their speed and explosiveness.
To incorporate the Stride Jump Crossover into your workouts, you can follow these steps:
1. Warm up: Before starting any exercise, it is important to warm up your body. Perform some light cardio exercises like jogging or jumping jacks to get your heart rate up and loosen your muscles.
2. Set up the box: Find a sturdy box that is at a height suitable for your fitness level. Place it on the ground next to you, with your inside foot on top of it, close to the edge.
3. Start with a proper stance: Stand with your feet hip-width apart, and your inside foot on top of the box. Keep your knees slightly bent and your core engaged.
4. Swing your arms: As you prepare to jump, swing your arms upward to generate momentum and power. This will help you jump higher and drive your knees upward.
5. Jump explosively: Push through the top leg and jump as high as possible, aiming to drive the opposite knee upward. Try to maintain a smooth and controlled motion throughout the jump.
6. Land in the opposite position: As you come down from the jump, land in the opposite position that you started. The foot that was initially on the box should now be on the ground, with the opposite foot now on the box.
7. Repeat the movement: Switch your lead leg and repeat the movement, crossing back over to the other side. Aim for a fluid and continuous motion, jumping with power and control.