The Open Palm Kettlebell Clean
is an exercise that provides a great full body workout. It starts with placing a kettlebell between your feet and extending through the legs and hips as you raise it up towards your shoulders. When the kettlebell comes up, you release it and let it flip so that the ball of the kettlebell lands in the palms of your hands. From here you release the kettlebell out in front of you and catch the handle with both hands. Finally, you lower the kettlebell back to the starting position and repeat the exercise. This is a great exercise for developing strength in the legs, hips, and core.
The Open Palm Kettlebell Clean can be incorporated into workouts in various ways to target different muscle groups and achieve specific fitness goals. Here are a few examples:
1. Full Body Strength Workout:
- Perform 3 sets of 10 reps of Open Palm Kettlebell Cleans as part of a circuit.
- Combine it with exercises like squats, lunges, push-ups, and rows to engage multiple muscle groups.
- Rest for 1-2 minutes between sets and repeat the circuit 3-4 times.
2. HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training):
- Incorporate Open Palm Kettlebell Cleans into a Tabata-style workout.
- Perform 20 seconds of maximum effort cleans, followed by 10 seconds of rest.
- Repeat for a total of 4 minutes, aiming for as many reps as possible within each 20-second interval.
- Rest for 1-2 minutes and repeat for a total of 3-4 sets.
3. Functional Training:
- Use Open Palm Kettlebell Cleans as part of a complex movement pattern.
- Combine it with exercises like overhead presses, squats, and bent-over rows to simulate real-life movements.
- Perform 3 sets of 8-10 reps of each exercise, resting for 30-60 seconds between sets.
- Repeat the complex for 3-4 rounds.
4. Core and Stability Workout:
- Incorporate Open Palm Kettlebell Cleans into a core-focused routine.
- Perform 3 sets of